Snr Project Planner (Multipositions)
Bombardier Transportation is the number one provider of rail solutions in the world. Our business holds the number one global market position in eight of the ten markets we service. Our product portfolio includes a full range of passenger rail vehicles and we manufacture locomotives, bogies, propulsion and rail control solutions.
At Bombardier, 70,000 employees in 60 countries work together to evolve mobility worldwide – one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
The Snr Project Planner is responsible for guiding the Project Core Team and Planners of Consortium in the management of all planning, scheduling and progress control related aspects of the project in accordance with the Planning & Scheduling Process. He or she either leads all planning & scheduling activities on the project or reports to the Lead Planner of the project (especially on bigger projects).
He or she shall have knowledge and understanding of Railway System and Sub-Systems and coordinate directly to the Planners of other Sub-Systems and expedite obtaining the Sub-Systems Schedules for the purpose of integrating into the Project Master Schedule for the Railway System Project.
He/She provides the knowledge and the tools to plan the project scope of work and all related deliverables during project launch. This includes the application of the generic WBS and using it as a cost and progress management tool throughout the project.
Key Responsibilities include
– Establishing, integrating and updating the Master Schedule/Detailed Project Schedule (DPS), including leading the harmonization and integration of schedules/sub-schedules from all parties (functions, subdivisions, partners) involved in the project and review programme plans and identify inconsistencies.
– Challenging all inputs from all parties and ensure accurate information flow between all parties.
– Tracking and reporting progress against the baseline schedule and continuously monitors risks and opportunities as well as proactively develops scenarios, mitigation or back-up plans if required.
– Producing schedule-related KPI’s as required by the project.
He/She supports the Project Manager in:
– Discussions related to delays and/or improvements of the schedule
– Communicating detailed schedule objectives or issues to suppliers or partners
– Planning and monitoring the resources of the project as per approved budget and produce schedule-related KPI’s.
– Maintaining direct contact with peers in partner companies and leads and manages schedule development and follow-up as a whole within the consortium.
– When not in the lead, he/she maintains direct contact with peers in partner companies on detailed schedule development and reporting; cooperating proactively with lead planner and peers in partner companies.
– Engineering or Business degree or equivalent tertiary qualification
– Additional qualification in planning & scheduling is an advantage
– Project Planning/scheduling experience including preparing integrating multiple schedules of various external parties into one Master Schedule is a must.
– Minimum of 6 years relevant experience gained in the rail industry would be ideal.
– Those who relevant working exposure from major high-end infrastructure projects such as airports, ports, major mixed developments, industrial complexes such as power plants are also encouraged to apply.
– Additional working experience either in Engineering, Project Management, Operations, Procurement, Bids, Sales, or Finance is considered relevant.
– Multinational company experience (e.g. working in international teams, international projects etc.) is desirable
– Knowledge of PRIMAVERA is required
– Strong proficiency in English and Thai language is expected.
Specialized or cross-functional knowledge / relevant experience required by the position/role
– Fluent written and conversational English and Thai
– Exposure to Railway Systems Integration projects
– Project Management
– Planning and Scheduling
We thank all applications for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.